Monday, June 28, 2010

Rushing Rivers Camp, Kit's fifth letter!



Dear Mimi,
Sorry that I haven't written in the past couple of days. It has been really slow around here. Ever since Friday, the weather has consisted of nothing but rain. Rain and lightning. Of course there are small breaks of sunshine between rain, but then it's so windy, and everything is so wet, being outside isn't especially appealing.

So for the past couple days, I have been inside the tent. It is starting to feel very squished. At the moment, Kirsten is crouched in the tents door, taking rain pictures. Samantha is flopped on the floor reading, and I am obviously writing. To pass the time I have also been knitting and reading, but not much of either. The tent isn't very well lit.

Mimi, if you don't want to read a letter full of complaints, you might want to just toss this letter into your fireplace, or your toaster. Whichever is closer.

Anyways, the picture(s) I included are ones that Kirsten took of me in the rain, although I didn't have any idea about it.
A helpful tip: (Aimed right at you, Miss Photography 1 and 2, not that Kirsten is reading this (hopefully) but at least you are) when you are taking a photo of someone who has been cooped up in a tent for three days, let them know about it so that they can have time to brush their hair. That's all I'm saying about these photos.

Have you ever been in a tent for three solid days in a rainstorm? Believe me, it isn't any fun at all. At first it was kind of fun, because it was warm and cozy. The fun stopped abruptly when rain started leaking in the tent's roof, and coming through the fabric floor. A counselor gave us a tarp to put down, but it still leaks in some way or the other.

Sigh. I'm sure that if I have to stay in this tent another second, I'll scream. Actually I probably won't because it's night and we're supposed to be getting ready for bed. Yeah. We started getting ready for bed, then the motivation just left.

Normal camp activities are postponed until the rain stops, because all of them are outdoors practically. We still have to wade through the ankle-deep mud at least three times a day for meals, but for the most part, we're all hiding away in tents.

Well, that's all I have to say really, because there isn't much to say about rain, except for this one thing I forgot to mention: it's wet.

Bye!
Kit

(also included in the envelope was a small note from Kirsten)

Hello!
In Kit's letter, I'm imagining she was rather depressed-sounding about the rain. Don't worry, it isn't too bad here, and also I don't think Kit really hates the rain anyway. The photo I included is of her playing in the rain. I took it at the same time as the other ones, I just haven't shown it to her yet. After she saw the other ones, she asked me to stop taking so many pictures of her when she was unprepared. It's a good thing she hasn't seen my photo file on the computer, hehe.
See you soon!
Kirsten



My curiosity aroused, I went and looked at Kirsten's photo file on the computer. She's right, it is probably a good thing Kit has never seen it; she would be certain Kirsten took too many pictures! There were about fifty-million photos inside... no wonder the computer has been running slowly!!

No comments: