Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Kit's day in the woods



The other day, I found Kit looking out the window. She looked excited, to say the least. I watched her for a few minutes before I asked her what was on her mind. She turned around, fairly dancing with glee. "I was talking to Samantha today, and she was telling me about a trip you all took in the woods a while ago!"
"Okay..." I told her, not sure where she was going.
"I didn't know there were any woods around here! Do you think we could go? I do like woods."
I hesitated. It had been a long day, and the last thing I wanted to do was tromp around in the woods somewhere. Still, Kit looked very excited about going, so I told her yes. Within minutes she was ready to go. "I'll meet you outside!" She called as she ran out the door. I followed slowly.



When I made it outside, I found her sitting on the fence waiting for me. "Are we ready to go??" she asked happily.
We were, so I led the way into the woods. "Hang on," she said. "Will you take my picture?"
I fished around until I found the camera. "Say cheese..." I told her as the camera focused.



"Where do you want to go first?" I asked her after the picture break.
"Can we see the rubble heap?" she asked hopefully.
I hadn't realized the other dolls had told her about the rubble heap. It wasn't anything impressive, but it was interesting, and the dolls had fun playing there, so I agreed...

More about our trip tomorrow!!

1 comment:

Rita said...

Oh what fun! May I go along?