Friday, December 3, 2010

Playing Wii Sports!

Hi, this is Kit!
In case you don't know, I love baseball. I play it, and watch it on TV every chance I get.
Today, my baseball team had a game. We lost miserably.
I was at home, watching baseball in my pajamas when Samantha called me.
"Hi Kit!" she said, a little too chipper. "I heard about your baseball game."
"Yeah." I said, looking out of my window at the rain washed world outside.
"Well...." she suggested. "Do want to come to my house? You can play baseball on my Wii!"
I was touched. Not that Samantha isn't generous, but she has never offered to let me play on her Wii. And also, Samantha isn't really a baseball kind of girl.
I didn't need any time to think this over. "All right, I'll be over in a little while!"
I hung up, and turned the TV off. I didn't mind missing the game, the team I was rooting for was losing anyway.
I ran to my room and changed out of my pajamas and into something warmer.
"Where are you going?" My mother asked curiously as I ran down the stairs.
"Oh I'm going to Samantha's house!" I explained as I ran out the door.
I breathed a deep breath of the crisp winter air. It felt great as it shivered down my throat and into my lungs.
I was filled with energy by the time that I had pulled my bike out of the shed.
It isn't too far to Samantha's from my house on bike. I was there within five minutes.
She greeted me at the door, and showed me to her game room.
We were quickly settled on the sofa, and set to work making Mii's. If you don't know what a Mii is, you might check this out.
Our Mii's turned out very cute.
We quickly moved onto baseball. I have to say, it is nothing like real baseball, but it is quite entertaining. I enjoyed myself quite a bit, although the Wii remotes are a little hard to handle.
Check out Mimi's album of pictures of us playing Wii!
I don't know if this afternoon will actually help my playing skills in the long run, but it sure did lift my spirits a little!!
Oh by the way, I won the baseball game. :)

Kit Kittredge, Wii Baseball Extraordinaire

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Sounds like you had fun! I wish we had a Wii. Bre lets us play PS2 sometimes. I like Guitar Hero, but the guitar is people sized and too hard for me to play.