Thursday, January 6, 2011

Well, what do you know!?

Josefina here!
Even as I write this, I am still rather surprised.
When I wrote a post yesterday, I was still of the opinion that I would just learn to tolerate Rowan, and that was all.
I never thought that I could be friends with her, especially not after reading the post that she wrote....
This morning, I arrived at my music class early. I hadn't expected anyone to actually be there, but Rowan was.

I pretended that I was looking at some of the old science experiments that had been put in the music room for decoration. I knew that Rowan was looking at me, wondering why I was being so asocial. I was kind of wondering myself.
I glanced at her from the corner of my eye, and noticed something. She was carrying a trumpet.
"Hey!" I commented, hoping to make conversation. "Do you play the trumpet?"
She smiled and nodded. "I do play a little bit, not very well though."
"I play the French Horn." I informed her.
Her eyes lit up. She informed me that her mother had always liked music played by French Horns.
We got to talking, and I discovered that she's not so bad after all! She really likes science, and hopes to be a biologist one day. She has considered being a marine biologist, but since she is afraid of water, I don't think that she will become one.
"Oh," Rowan said. "And I really like the Disney Princesses." She looked at me as if waiting for my opinion.
I thought about that for a second. "Oh that's all right. At least you're not, y'know, a junkie. I knew this one girl, and she had all of these posters, and Disney Princesses Barbie dolls, T-shirts, and figurines..."
My voice trailed off. By the look on Rowan's face, I had the weirdest idea that she might be a Disney Princess junkie.
I changed the subject very quickly.
"So, um.... do you want to come to my house this Saturday?" I fumbled.
She nodded enthusiastically.
I told her what time, and before I could say anything else, the rest of the class came in.

So, that is the abridged version of, "How I met Rowan."
If you want to read the whole story, it will be coming out in book form this August. The DVD should be released early 2012.
...........
....Okay, so it actually won't. This will have to be long enough for you, and if it isn't, you can make up the rest on your own time. :)
Bye for now!! :)

No comments: