Saturday, January 8, 2011

Kaitlyn is in the house!

I'm going to start this post off with an apology, so here it is. I'm sorry that I have neglected the blog because I was embarrassed about my name.
There! I'm glad that that is over with. :)
I'm not sure whether I should be grateful to Josefina, or really mad at her.
I suppose that since I'm undecided, I will remain grateful until I decide.
She really is something else. An ordinary friend would have tried to soothingly tell me that both of my names are very nice, and that I don't have anything to be embarrassed about.
Not Josefina.
After she became friends with Rowan, they devised a scheme to get me to perk back up.
As I was walking to my first class yesterday morning, people kept telling me, "Good morning Kaitlyn!"
I was rather confused. Before last week sometime, only Samantha and a handful of other people knew my real name. I politely smiled to everyone who greeted me.
When I reached my class, Josefina grinned at me from her seat, and waved.
It dawned on me then that she had told everyone my name. My first reaction was a flare of frustrated anger, but then as I thought about it, my anger slowly disappeared. I realized that no one had made fun of my name, not even rude people like Abigail or Brenda Gibb, who will make fun of anything.
So in short, I guess my name isn't all that bad after all! Maybe one day, I will go by Kaitlyn again. I'll let you know if I ever decide to. :)
In other news, we got our Secret Santa gifts the other day! I would have posted about them sooner, but I wasn't posting then.
I eventually crocheted Molly pot-holders for her gift. I think she liked them a lot!
I got a set of little blue spaceships from a girl named Amanda. :)
Until next time,
Kit

No comments: