Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Trip to the Woods!

Hello!
Yesterday morning I woke up at seven to get ready to go to the woods with Kirsten. I wasn't quite sure what I should wear, so I chose something that I felt was artistic. After all, photography is art, sort of.
I showed up on Kirsten's doorstep at eight o'clock sharp, just as she was coming out.
There was a bit of an awkward moment as we stared at each other. I had the weirdest feeling that I might have been just a little bit overdressed.
"Kirsten," I said to break the silence. "You kind of remind me of Kelly in that jacket."
She looked confused. "My sister Kelly?" she asked.
"No," I told her, now confused as well. "I mean Barbie's sister Kelly."
"Why do I—" she began, but stopped. "Never mind. I don't really want to know why this jacket reminds you of Kelly."
During the walk to the forest, Kirsten was peu communicatif, that is to say, she didn't talk. Or if you want to be literal, uncommunicative. I didn't start up any topics since my last one had been such an epic failure.
By the time we reached the forest, I was ready for the action to start. Then came the surprise.
Photography is not a very active activity. For the most part, once Kirsten found something she wanted to take a picture of, she stood very still, and took a lot of pictures, until one suited her fancy. I'll freely admit, the process bored me.
I mostly watched Kirsten take pictures. One reason was that I'm not all that crazy about forests. The other was that I've never used a camera before, so I didn't really know how to use the one my mom was lending me. I would have asked Kirsten about it, but she seemed happier when I was quieter. Also, I didn't want to seem like a complete newbie, even though that's exactly what I was.


Well, I have to get off of the computer now, so I don't really have time to write about today in very much detail. Click on the pictures below to see them bigger! Hopefully they will give an idea, no matter how vague, about how today was.

Until next time!
Jennifer Elaine


2 comments:

whimsymoon said...

"Peu communicatif"...nice!

mimi said...

:P Thanks!!