Friday, May 6, 2011

A Day in the life of Dakota

Hello! This is Dakota.
This post is really more of a "how my day was today" kind of post, rather than a real, deep story post. And although it's a post about my day, it's not very comprehensive . For instance, I didn't include those little details, such as what I ate for breakfast.
Oh well.
I figured that I should update the blog, and I didn't have a lot of other material, so this is what I settled on.
School was kind of hard today, but thankfully, it was an early release day. I was home by about eleven o'clock.
No one was home when I got there. Mom and Dad were both at work, my brothers were all still at school, and I supposed that Grandma was taking Mr. Poo to be groomed.
I ran up a couple flights of stairs to get to my room.
When we came to live here, it was most convenient for Grandma to make my room in the attic.
When I first heard about where I would live, I was a little apprehensive. As it turned out though, the attic is, in my opinion, one of the nicest places in Grandma's house. It is pleasantly away from the rest of the house, so I can enjoy a lot of peace and quiet.
After I did my homework for a while, I decided to take a break. (See picture to the lower right.)
Right as I was in the middle of singing one of my favorite songs, my brother William, who is closest to my age, walked in. I stopped singing instantly, and stared at him.
"What are you doing?" he asked, eyeing the some of the stuff on my bed.
"Just, um, chilling. School was kind of hard today, and I need to relax." I said.
He snorted. "If you chilled any more, you would have a permanent cold."
Well isn't he clever.
Just so you know, that sort of thing is about the extent of our ordinary conversation.
"Well," he said. "I just came to tell you that Grandma called to say that she will be home soon."
He started to leave, but paused in the doorway. "You might want to put some of that stuff away before she gets back."
He was right. Grandma has never been happy about the idea of food in a bedroom, and I'm not sure how she would like to see cookies and leftover sushi balanced precariously on my mattress.
As soon as William left, I quickly cleaned my room up. The food was returned to the kitchen, and I was in the living room waiting for her with freshly brushed hair by the time she was back.
So, that's basically what I did today. I'm sure you were all dying to know.
Oh, and if you're wondering where Kit has been lately, she has been busy helping her mom and brother repaint their upstairs hallway. So, she really hasn't had time to post.
Well, until next time!

No comments: